Tackle one a day and watch your traffic increase!
- Check your Instagram landing page- don’t use a 3rd party- make a landing page on your website. Don’t give away your clicks! Set up a page – doesn’t need to be on your navigation and update it often. It can be snazzy like the today show or simple like mine one of mine on the right.
- Put your media kit, partnerships, orders etc on your site.
- Make a closed Facebook group for your page. Require emails to join then add them to your email list to drive them to guess where?
- Don’t give it all up in a post! On Insta “link in bio for details” or on FB include the link. Can’t find the Queens pancake recipe in this post!
- Check your google analytics – what are your best performing pages and posts? DO more like this! Install the Google analytics app and put it on your desktop. Know your audience, who they are, how they get there, and what they do on your site. This can help you forge ahead. Are they finding you from google? From social media? Are they teens or adults? Men or women? Local or far reaching? Are they coming for the coupon page or the calendar? This is FREE and invaluable. Take the time to grow from your data.
- While on google analytics – check your site speed. Is it optimal or so slow to load that you are loosing eyeballs?
- Instagram Story with older blog posts that are evergreen with a click through link to that page on your site. Schedule it out. I use the Facebook Meta scheduler for Facebook and instagram because its free and its good enough. There are paid options out there too.
- Use pinterest – pin your blog posts with best practice so they get repined. This means proper sized images ( I use canva, they have templates to make it easy) pinned with key word and # used.
- BE a reference point. Whatever your nice is, be reliable. For me, its keeping my events calendar up to date and travel so I am THE place to go. What are your readers coming back for? Can you serve on a board? Be a speaker? Have something else to offer? Get out there!
- E-newlsetter. I like flodesk because of the ease and price point – $19 with this link and also the price doesn’t change as your list grows). FILL it with links back to guess where – YOUR SITE!
- Work your SEO!!! Keywords, etc. If you are on WordPress YOAST a great SEO tool.
- Have internal links on your site. Click here to learn more about XYZ and that is another page on your site. For example I will share a travel article about Nashville then have a “click here for our tips for a great family trip to Savannah” link at the bottom. I might also link a “here is what we packed”. So if you came to my site from Pinterest for the Nashville article, (one click) then you clicked on what we packed (click two) and then Savannah (click 3). Moving on up!
- If you have a brick and mortar business make sure you are up to date on google.
- Last one- when you do drive traffic to your site- capture it! Add a pop up email collector. Mine says- let’s be mom friends! Because guess what – you then have access to invite them back to click again.
And here is a bonus one – Align yourself with people walking the same path. I’m a branch of a national network of mom bloggers. They work with moms in communities across the US. Makes life easier, you have IT support, accounting taken care of and mentorship. It’s nice to be part of a team. I can put you in touch if you are a localized mom blogger. If you are in another space look for symbiotic connections like that along the way.
I hope this was helpful. There are so many tweaks depending on your brand, your customer and your reach. Have fun with sorting out the puzzle to get your magic marketing mix!
Available for social media management and marketing consulting on a case by case basis.